So I wasn't expecting to spend my Saturday doing this, but it was driving me crazy. Ever need to add VRay Subdiv and Displacement Attributes to more than a few mesh items at a time. Instal this script and it becomes much easier.
Here's the way this works:
- Open the text of this script in your favorite text editor.
- Open Maya and navigate to a shelf you want to add this too.
- open the shelf editor, and create a new item.
- switch to the command tab and past the text into the empty area,
- Go back to the shelves tab. and make another item.
- back to the command area and past VRaySubdivisionTool;
Now select a bunch of mesh items. Click the first button. to load the script. Then click the second to open the interface.
That's it. You can keep the interface open as longs you want. You can select other items. You can reselect the same items and change the settings, or you can reopen the panel at any time.
This will add the Vray Subdiv,, Displacement Quality, and the Displacement Control attribute to all selected items.
P.S. It was recently pointed out that I did not include a link to the script. download has now been added above. Again this was a one off. and I will provide no support. if you use this you are on your own. I am not responsible for any damage. this may do to your scenes. system or anything else. use at your own risk. enjoy!